Tuesday, January 17, 2006

work work work

Well, it's not a paid gig.. but I hope that it might turn into one someday I hope... I have been working like a busy little bee over @ Stratics (an online gaming media website) for awhile now. I have too much time on my hands I guess. But, I get to write about the games I am playing.. or not playing.
This is the unfortunate part about the industry- the not getting paid part. I look at it though as if it were an internship of sorts. They are great people on Stratics. However, they know that I am looking for something paid-- and they understand that.
I am enjoying writing though. I didn't realize how much I'd missed the journalism part. Right now, I am just trying to get my name out there. Soon I will be able to get my face out there too.. I am going to be going to some gaming events soon.
Being a female in a male dominated industry.. it could possibly be a little bit rough at first. But, to be able to do something I enjoy-- and much more, that I might even be able to do @ home is a really great thing. I guess this is when hope comes in. But only time will tell I spose.
Ok, perhaps I have become delirious. This is too damn cheesy. Gnite =p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home