Thursday, March 16, 2006

Miss _____ pagents...

So someone on Stratics apparently knows a contestant competeing for the Miss Canada contest- which has now been opened up for public voting. He made a post requesting people to vote for his friend up to 5 times per computer.
So I go and take a look, and since those are purely looks only contests, I looked at everyone before I decided to vote. I didn't vote for his friend. I'm sure that's bad but I was just voting honestly.
Call me an asshole, but I didn't find any of those women really pretty without all the makeup... seriously they would just melt out there. I guess the person that won Miss Canada last year went on to win Miss Universe... and she wasn't even pretty.
I really just don't get the whole beauty pagent scene. It's just exploitation when these parents do it to their kids. Honestly, it disgusts me. These women probably have little or no self esteem... so they need these pagents to make them feel special. It's pretty sad actually... rather, pathetic. Then they go on to get so egotistical and full of themselves, thinking they are God's gift to the world simply because of the wonders of makeup.
I really wanted to write the guy back and say all of this.. again, it will make me look like the biggest asshole if I did. It's nothing personal. That whole fake world just disgusts me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home