Saturday, July 29, 2006

listless lists

I was feeling a bit bored, so I decided to write this. This is a work in progress, but here's what I have so far.
In no particuliar order...

matierial girl-

  • sewing machine
  • laptop
  • couch
  • a plasma
  • a sidekick 3 (cell phone)
  • a really good digital camera
  • a Nintendo Wii
  • an old school NES power pad
  • a house
  • dual SLI boards
  • 30+inch LCD screens for my computer
  • a warehouse building with an old fashioned elevator (hard to explain, but to get an idea- the elevator from Wayne's world)
  • a loft/warehouse/house
  • makeup
  • a tripod
  • bounce flash
  • misc studio photography equipment- box lights, spots, backdrops,etc
  • new shoes
  • new shirts
  • new dresses
  • shades
  • pinball machines
  • frames for photos
  • Pop art prints
  • full arcade versions of DDR, and other type of music games
  • Full arcade version of Cruisin' USA, and other titles with seats moving like it
  • full arcade version of surfer, skateboarding, snowboarding,wakeboard, jetski games
  • designer toys
  • a photo developer
  • a drum machine
  • a synthesizer
  • a violin
  • a cello
  • a harp
  • a place to develop my own prints that I can use at anytime
  • a kimono

(yes I know some of those are pretty general, but oh friggin well)


to learn-

  • to swim good enough to...
  • to surf
  • PATIENCE!!
  • photoshop
  • html
  • to write the codeing for blogging/myspace
  • other ways how to do my makeup
  • programming (C++)
  • fruiti-loops (MIDI)
  • rock climbing
  • to fly- small engine airplane
  • to skateboard
  • (dirtbike) moto-X
  • to drive a motorcycle
  • to ride a unicycle
  • to play the drums
  • complex origami (birds anyone?)
  • how to design handbags, shoes, and other accessories
  • to ride a horse (equestrian style)
  • to hang glide
  • to parasail
  • to sail a sailboat
  • to drive a boat
  • to make objects/sims
  • to screenprint
  • to make Japanese pastries
  • to make woodblock prints
  • how to get up on that damn wakeboard
  • to make fantastic looking cakes
  • industrial design
  • to speak Japanese
  • to speak French
  • to speak Chinese
  • to read Kanji, Hiragana, and Katakana
  • to play violin
  • to play the cello
  • a harp
  • to play a shamisen (Japanese pluck string instrument)
  • to play guitar
  • to learn how to make my own podcasts (and not just dummy ones)
  • video editing

to see-
  • a sunset far enough out in the ocean, that you can just barely see the shore
  • the pipeline comps
  • the X Games
  • Japan
  • England
  • myself in a $4000+ outfit
  • myself toned
  • my husband in excellent shape- besides round that is
  • my daughter becoming a woman/my sons becoming men
  • a volcano errupt
  • my name in lights
  • my hands where audrey and marilyn put them, over in Holly
  • the inside of a Hindu Temple
  • The vatican
  • Notre Dame Cathedral
  • Walt Whitman's grave

someday-
  • to be a lead singer in a band
  • to have an awesome job
  • to own a house near the beach (and not just in Guam)
  • to not have to worry about money
  • to being able to wear ALL designer labels
  • to seeing my children suceed
  • to pay for a luxury car in cash
  • to skydive
  • to go base jumping
  • to paint portraits
  • to draw better

I fear-
  • getting older
  • looking older
  • failure
  • new beguinnings
  • being rejected
  • doing everything possible, but nothing good coming about it
  • karma
  • the message in Saw
  • my husband dieing
  • anything horrible involving my children
  • not being there when my friends need me
  • my father and my brother passing away
  • my grandparents passing away
  • not being able to fit in
  • fitting in too well
  • my own desires
  • the wrath of God
  • getting my first tatoo
  • drowning
  • sharks
  • roaches

I wish that-
  • I could tell everyone exactly what I think,exactly when I think it, without having to worry about anyone getting hurt
  • that my kids behaved all the time
  • that my friends lived closer
  • I never had to grow older if I didn't want to
  • I could make friends locally more easily
  • I know how he really felt about me
  • I could erase the past
  • I could fast forward, pause, and rewind life
  • I could read minds
  • I could change assholes into being better boyfriends
  • I could cure my friends' broken hearts
  • I could make that guy get a job
  • I could MAKE someone accountable for their own actions
  • I could fly and have superpowers, like mind control and x-ray vision
  • I had a damn cook and a maid (and I don't just mean Andre)
  • school could get done faster
  • me and my sister got along
  • my cousins would change for the better- and grow up already
  • I was closer to some other members of my family
  • my dad lived closer
  • it wasn't so damn expensive to live here
  • I could win the lottery
  • I could afford all the toys I wanted
  • I knew I was the only one
  • I could pick better people for my friends to date
  • I could make everything all better...

I dream about-
  • a career in broadcast journalism
  • being the host of a video gaming show
  • designing my own clothes
  • making an awesome video game
  • how beautiful my daughter will be when she gets older
  • that warehouse loft that I've always wanted
  • surfing in Tahiti
  • walking on a black sand beach
  • that big wedding that I always wanted
  • a different life...
  • that tatoo I'm thinking of getting
  • everyone just getting along
  • an utopian society
  • never having to worry about money again
  • that nice car
  • shooting ads for designer labels
  • seeing my name in the credits of an awesome game

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandcatt said...

Cool list. Definitely an interesting concept. I almost got ahold of an old Black Knight pinball machine a couple years ago. My wife would have freaked if she came home and found it in the living room though, LOL. Unfortuanately, it was the only place I could have put it, so I had to pass. I definitely wanted it though :)

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home