Thursday, August 12, 2004

tako's Asian style

Yesterday i took my kid bro out and about for the day... (hes going to be leaving in a few days to go back to IL) And, due to the lack of good sushi places out there, we decided to take him to our favorite authentic Japanese sushi place in town.
Anj ordered for all of us, I got my usual, and JP went to town on his rolls. In a way, I think it's kind of funny... he was all stoked on getting some rolls that to us out here are like the doughnuts of sushi... (they were normal, everyday rolls with just the fish, rice, and seaweed wrap) It's like all those trendy F8ck's out there with their California rolls, that think they're just "so hip." You people make me laugh... but I guess it's not completely your fault. I mean, not everyone has their own live-in asian;) lol
Well, we did make a point to try something new (even to me) this time. Andre ordered a couple of ngiri rolls with tako (octopus). I took the first taste, and it was surpriseingly not as bad as I had thought it might be. Anj wasn't surprised, but being the islander that he is, still had to add "You mean, you've NEVER has octopus before?" It's like yeah right. So, he told us we had to experience it at least once to try it, so that JP could go back home and say that he'd done it. So then you look at it, this little white piece of tentacle with the little suckers on it and everything... and you wonder "what was I thinking?!"
I figured.. what the hell.. I'd better just get this over with. So I took a bite, and started to chew... and chew.. and chew.. i swear it was like chewing on a piece of rubber, only with a little bit of a grainier texture. Anj said that that was the reason why they eat it; its all about the texture. So no, it wasn't bad at all. But JP still had to try it...
wait till you see the look on his face...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home