Friday, October 29, 2004

EQ Beta is In! (And other assorted gaming blah blah blah)

Well, Anj got the call, and the beta should be here anytime now! Now we have the problem of getting this highly anticipated lil thing up and running in time for launch. I dont know if I said this b4, and if I did most of you probably weren't dorky enough to care, but right now, we are behind the times sad to say. Alas! Anj built this thing pre-me, so the poor girl is getting old. Optimally, we would replace the vid card, and add some more ram, as well as probably do a whole system wipe just to make sure we dont have any damn spyware. Of course, this isnt probably going to happen... especially since I have been doing a lot of work on my Sims (mostly just making custom clothing lines.. he he), and I'm not about to lose all the hours of toodleing that I've been doing.

This month is going to be a drain on our pocketbook, as soooo many things are coming out now. Thankfully, Anj is supposed to get a free copy of Halo 2, as well as a DS. While I'm stoked with all the new little toys to keep me busy, part of me is a little sad. Andre's working his ass off to make all of this possible, and yet here I am reaping all the benefits. It's not fair to him. So here comes this damn thing called a conscience (something I must confess, I really shouldn't think so much as a crutch- but in this instance, it is...) to come and screw things up for me.

See, Andre's friend offered me a p/t job this week... making 10/hr... doing telemarketing...
Whats the problem then you ask? Well, to be honest, I hate sales; telemarketing especially. But unfortunately, it seems to be incredibly easy for me. And what's worse is that these types of jobs seem to be falling into my lap. I PROMISED myself that I was not going to make a career out of sales, but part of me is honestly starting to believe that maybe that's what I'm supposed to do. I hate this pressure. I know we could definately use the extra money. Plus it pays weekly. If I had started this week like was offered, that would have been an extra $200 that we wouldve had to buy what we need for EQ2. ARRG! I'm stuck what do I do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home