Monday, October 18, 2004

a lil' post visit jitters

5 more cups of coffee and a long walk later, and all is back to norman again here. We ultimately came to the conclusion that we had a little bit of leftover tension from the hectic weeks that have preceeded.

In the past few weeks, as you know we've: had our first child together, had Ethan's 2nd bday to celebrate, my mom came to visit for a week, 3 days-3 trips to the airport, etc etc.
whew!

The phone has been ringing off the hook with family and friends calling to congratulate us; and that's great. Anj took the first weekend off he's ever had since he's started working there almost a yr ago- and it was non stop up and going for him. We had very little time to relax; which was supposed to be the reason why my mom was coming in the first place. We were taking her all around town and showing her around, doing errands, cleaning the house, etc etc. NON STOP:) It was nice for her to be here; but honestly we were both a little bit relieved to see her go.
Mom, I love you btw:)
Well, Anj has been having some probs at work w one of his employees lately, so the stress was just amplified for him in another regard.

We both agreed that especially after this visit (and it wasn't just my mom either- it would've been the same even if the situation were reversed; no offense to anyone seriously) that our house is our sanctuary; and that we probably could never have another roomate again. Our privacy and the quality family time (for us it's relaxing) is just too important to us to share.

Mom asked us if we wanted to go out while she was here, and that she'd be glad to watch the kids so that we could have some time to ourselves.. but there was honestly nowhere that either of us wanted to be except home with the kids. One of my friends back home called me "domesticated," but I don't think that's true. And if it is a little bit- so what right? This is not the days of the 50s, where I'd just be doing what's stereotypical and "popping out kids and mooching off my husband" as was so blantantly put by an unnamed source. I really do enjoy being home with the kids... I'm past that point in my life where I have to go out and binge drink and party and do all that kid's stuff crap to try and make myself happy. I really believe that I am happy. I've realized what's really important in life; and I don't care what people that don't have kids of their own have to say because a)they don't know what it's like and b)they can't possibly understand until they have kids of their own.

so, as I said everything's finally back to norman.. there's finally an aura of peace settling in my house- i just hope that it's contagious

1 Comments:

Blogger MK said...

Does this mean you'll be doing housework in heels and pearls??? LOL J/K, I luv ya babe!

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home