Sunday, May 14, 2006

but "buying in" looks so appealing...

After seeing the reactions I got coming out of my conference Friday when I dressed up, I'm getting the idea that maybe looks are really are important. I'm not trying to sound shallow at all. But there was a huge difference in the overall generall reactions that I was getting when I was dressed "uppity" versus when I was dressed my normal skater/indie look.
There are pros and cons to going both ways- and not like that, though that is true as well of course. I'm just a little torn. It takes a lot of work and money to be the uppity looking type. I mean, Andre spent quite a bit buying me that purse from Saks today. When I went into the hanger 94 after that to try and find a tinier wallet to fit in it, I was amazed at how cheap everything seemed to be in comparrison. Normally I would walk in there and be totally in love with all the things there and feel bad everytime I spent $ there. When in reality, it's really nothing.
Geez... I'm confused here.

1 Comments:

Blogger MK said...

"It takes a lot of work and money to be the uppity looking type."

Not true. You can still look tasteful and elegant in stuff from Wal-Mart, or Sears!!! You don't need the D&G or whatever your flavor of brand is, in order to look good! (and notice I said good, and not 'uppity'.... we had to dress nicely at Provi, remember?

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home