Friday, April 28, 2006

jealous petty people joining hands...

Well, I was talking to Josh today when I got another surprising message from someone from my past. This time It was {edited}.
We got to chatting for a bit. (No, he's not the reason for the header.. well not completely of course) Me and {edited} were casual... never dated. I shouldn't have to go into further detail because we are all adults here. I think for the most part, unless you are a paste eater, you should be able to figure it out.
Anyways. It was just odd running into him. Back then, people had called him an asshole. Of course, they were shit talking everyone.
Yes, apparently, while these people were telling me that he was an asshole and an egotistical prick (sorry babe), they were also talking some major shit about me. Why is it that when people are jealous or don't understand/know someone very well at all, they feel this need to compensate? It's pathetic.
Now, right after high school, I'd left for CA. Thanx to dad's job (grrr), I ended up going back to Lockport. Those were the days of George's and late night coffee. I hung out with Robin a lot. Me, Mike, and her were consistent regulars. I didn't really hang out with too many people from that senior year in high school. I was more or less just aquaintences with most of them. Specifically, the ones that me and Vick were both mutual friends with.
So, when he told me this, I wasn't surprised. In fact, I just found it incredibly humorous that people would be so wrong with their presumptions. If they had known me more than that surface level, perhaps it would have been different. Not that I'm losing sleep over them.
But this seems to be popping up more often as of late.
People that assumed things about me, have come back and told me how much of an ass they felt when they realized how things really were. You can call me a pretentious bitch for saying that, but frankly "I don't give a damn." I cease to give a shit what a bunch of losers that have never left- and probably never will leave- the confines of their precious small town life. If gossip is all that they have to make their lives feel more interesting, then so be it. I enjoy being out where I am just fine. Thankfully I have friends that aren't pathetic like them... though a monkey would demonstrate intelligence than most of those iddiots aforementioned out there would.
As I go through the lists of exes now, I feel pretty good for the most part. Even though some ended badly, all but 2 of them have later said that they had either regretted breaking up or something along those lines.
Perhaps it's wrong of me to be proud of this.
The common denominator however though, has been that not one of them (least to my knowledge) has ever walked away- even when it was a bad breakup-saying that they were ever disappointed at the physical part. In fact, the resounding response has been that even though the relationship may not have always been great, they never had a problem in that area. Or, in some cases, that people regretted never having had the physical part with me.
Now, the clause... doesn't necessarily mean it's an open invitation to getting that.
Ah well, I hate to break at this point but, I'm being paged.

his blog
http://morallyambiguous.blogspot.com/

sorry I couldnt think of anything else really witty to add here.. rather, I'm just too lazy. There's more to this story of course, but I'm adding some beer now. I'll update later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home