Thursday, August 24, 2006

I made her smile, so that'll be enough =)

I called Tina to tell her what I'd been planning once I heard wind of her wedding. This week has been a crazy hell one. After coming home from a not so fabulous day at the office, I got a phone call from my friend Sarah about some troubles back home. The first thing I did was make a phone call to my best friend Mike.. got me a ticket home round trip for 70$... I have amazing friends, but we knew this.
However, even with this, I couldn't manage to fund the daycare for the trip- as Andre had just taken his 2 days off and I would have needed to work a 7 day stretch to make up for the lost time.
I called Tina though to tell her that I had attempted to surprise her, and left her a message- "Just call me when you get this, and tell me I'm an awesome friend. alright?"
I answer the phone the next day to "You are an awesome friend." She was very happy that I had tried to do that for her. Still, I wish that I could have actually have surprised her and been there for her. She is one of my dearest closest friends. I really wanted more than anything to be at that wedding. But, I made her smile, so that'll have to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home